1. WestHollywood.com
  2. Gay Issues
  3. December 19, 2005
  4.  Subscribe via email
I AM 18 YEARS OLD AND JUST CAME OUT TO MY MOM SHE THREW ME OUT AND NOW I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYTHING OR ANYBODY WHO COULD HELP ME?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
If one is over 30 and still closeted, then that is a choice one has made. There is no rule that says because one is gay that they must 'come out'. BUT not living your life 'honestly' is a different situtation. Are you lying to people that you are straight? or are you just not telling them that you are gay. Different situations. One must live their life as they see fit. BUT one must not lie to cover up who they really are deep inside. Do your straight friends tell you that they are straight? I think not. Do not dwell on if you are gay or straight. Just make sure you live your life honestly and try your best to be a good person. Be a good friend to your straight friends and if/when they figure out that you are gay, then so be it. If they are true friends, it will not bother them. As to the boy that chose to tell his family he was gay, I wonder if it was done in a calm cool and collected moment, or if it was done in the heat of anger? We all do and say things in the heat of the moment that we regret later. [Like having unprotected sex!] or telling people that we are gay. Let them figure it out on their own. A young person without a job should never tell their parents they are gay, especially in the heat of a family argument. Once said, you cannot 'take it back'. We all know realistically that telling parents we are gay will most likely hurt them. So why do we want to hurt them? Simply live your life as good as you can, and if they figure it out, so be it. In today's world it is so much more clever to be just a good person. Let the chips fall where they may. It is not up to other people to judge to tell people when to come out. That is a very personal choice and should only be done after assessing ALL of the options. What will be gained by telling your family, or other straight people for that matter, that you are gay. We still live in a straight world. Yes, even in West Hollywood. You might be surprised to know that more people in WeHo are NOT gay! Register to vote and make your declaration at the ballot box.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I know this won't help, but you are better off. I am over thirty, still in the closet, and it sucks. At least you can live your life honestly.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
A] young people! it is not necessary to tell your family you are gay until you are ready to support yourself. Be clever, keep it to yourself for a while. untill you have some education or a job to support yourself. B] go to the LA Gay and Lesbian center or call them and talk with counselors BEFORE telling parents. C] make 1000% sure you have a loving and trusting relationship before telling parents. AND never tell them in the heat of an argument. D] find yourself a adult "Mentor" that you can talk things over with before springing this on your folks. Parents do not do well with this sort of news.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I'm so sorry to hear that. My recommendation is to call Trevor Project and they can help people like yourself. Their number is 866-488-7386 Good luck and be strong!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Just curious how things are going? Are you okay? Sorry to hear about what your Mom did.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Make smart decisions ok and don't screw up by getting into easy fixes; you know what I mean. stay strong my buddy.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
And be strong! You have no choice in this remember. You are who you are and love yourself for it. One day you will be so happy and content. Don't listen to society. You have your community to love you. -Andy
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Here are some more temporary housing/shelters in CA for gay youth you can contact... The Ark House A 15-bed residence for LGBTQQ young adults, stays of 3 to 6 months. San Francisco Phone: 415-861-6130 Fax: 415-861-6103 Email: info@arkofrefuge.org Website: http://www.arkofrefuge.org/ LYRIC Community Center Runs a temporary shelter on Larkin St. and job training program for LGBTQ youth. 123-127 Collingwood st. San Francisco, CA Phone: 415-703-6150 Website: http://www.lyric.org/ The Kruks/Tilsner Transitional Living Program A 24-bed residence, located at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center where youth ages 18-23 can stay for up to 18 months. L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, McDonald/Wright Building 1625 N. Schrader Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028 Phone: 323-993-7450 Email: youthservices@laglc.org Website: http://www.laglc.org/section03/S0302.htm Scheuer House A supervised program in which 17-18 year old gay and lesbian youth live in shared apartments. GLASS: Gay and Lesbian Adolescent Social Services 650 North Robertson Blvd, Suite A West Hollywood, CA 90069 Phone: 310-358-8727 Fax: 310-358-8721 Website: http://www.glassla.org/programs.htm
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Try calling the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center - 323-993-7400.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Issues
  3. # 9
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!