1. WestHollywood.com
  2. Politics
  3. December 15, 2005
  4.  Subscribe via email
What do you think of gay marriage? Arnold vetoes gay bill. Time for gays to fight back for our rights. Rally on Friday, Sept 30 from LA Center to Arnold's star on Hollywood walk of Fame.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Ask yourself, and your gay friends, are they registered to vote? Have they voted in every election in the past 5-10-15+ years. NOT! Most gay folks like to bitch and moan about what "They" [the republicans] are doing to us, but yet they have not voted in many, if any, elections. When I go to the polls in WeHo on election day, there are very few gays there! And please do not tell me they voted by mail!!!! the results show otherwise. the gay voting bloc in the USA could carry any election if we all got off our lazy duffs and voted! Protesting on the Star on Hollywood Blvd is a joke. I went to the protest in WeHo that night and there were less than 100 people there! and many of them were the TV crews! The voting booth is where it counts!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Less than 5 years ago, 61% of the voters of the ultra-liberal State of California "vetoed" a similar measure in the form of Proposition 22. Remember? I know liberals have a problem entrusting anything to the people, but this one is pretty clear. Gay activists have made a huge political blunder by equating "gay rights" and "gay marital rights." The two things are not the same in that the latter rights are merely a subset of the former. The more that activists push for legalizing gay marriage the more they're going to alienate moderate voters who, I believe, want very much to accept gays. Proceed at your political peril.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Well I don't think gay people should get married.. Marriage is between a Man and a WOMAN! Enough said. I don't understand why you would want to be like straight people in the first place and get married. You're over it, you should have more important things to worry about with your life. Stop complaining
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Marriage is a basic human right that should not be denied to anyone. Take a look in the past, marriage among minorities has come a long way in becoming accepted as "normal" in the eyes of society. Interracial marriage was prohibited, and unacceptable in the US until the Supreme Court rule such practice is unconstitutional in 1967. There is no reason tha the federal government, or anyone for that matter, should restrict a marriage to a predefined heterosexual relationship. Because it is the right of the homosexual legally, socially, and economically, matrimony between lesbian and gay couples should be accepted in the United States. Because our country has been founded on the Constitution, in which all men are created equally; we cannot deny the basic human and legal right of mariage to a class of individuals due to their sexual preferences. Therefore, regardless of whether or not certain individuals believe it is fair for one state to begin the process of same-sex marriage, the law is the law. Homosexuals are in many ways your sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, uncles and aunts, people in your families, human beings. Same sex marriage is really the case for heterosexual marriage. We grow up; we fall in love; and if we're really lucky, we want to marry the person we love and live with them in fidelity and monogamy, and committment for the rest of our lives. It's a day that all of us, from the moment we grow up, look forward to. But for one group of Americans, it is denied. Marriage is much more than the fundamental institution that completes the journey of life for many individuals. Marriage has legal and financial benefits that one's "significant other" should be entitled to. Some may not be lucky enough to find someone "to have and to hold, to sickness and in health." On the other hand, those who do are being denied their basic human right to marry that person. Like abortion, same-sex marriage raises deep emotional, cultural, and social issues that could take generations to resolve. This is one issue that cannot be "put on the back burner" for long. THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON THAT SOCIETY SHOULD REJECT THE ACT OF SAME-SEX MARRIAGES BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT OF GAY AND LESBIAN COUPLES LEGALLY, SOCIALLY, AND ECONOMICALLY.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!