1. WestHollywood.com
  2. Entertainment
  3. May 26, 2008
  4.  Subscribe via email
Question about an actor who left us a long time ago: E. Lamont Johnson
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
"Wow! I feel like I've gone thru a time warp...I actually went to kindergarden with "Eugene" as I lovingly called my childhood love! I was saddened to read that he died of course, I did not keep up with his 'hollywood life' but sure would like to see some of his films. Eugene and i attended Martha Wasington Elementary in the 60's he was my first love!" "I was surprised that after 24 years to see a discussion about my nephew, so I shall share the following: Lamont's Last Poem I thank God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes (I who have died am alive again today, and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth day of life and of love and wings; and of thee gay great happening illimitably earth) how should tasting touching hearing seeing breathing any - lifted from the no of all nothing - doubt unimagineable Yon? (now the ears of the ears awake and now the eyes of my eyes are opened) Extract from the Service of Celebration for the Life of E. LAMONT JOHNSON held at St Luke's Church - 3 March 1984 in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is gone, but not forgotten." Thank you both for sharing. Do either of you have any pictures of yourself with E. Lamont? I think it would be cool to see pictures of him (or classroom or yearbook pictures, from the one who said they went to school with him), because I have only seen him in, "Death Wish II" and that's it. I appreciate you providing that poem, E. Chris Wells.
Comment
  1. Guest
  2. 2 years ago
Lamont was my next door neighbor in wynnefield during the 70's, a good dude I didn't see him again after he went to Boston for college his brother is also a solid man
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I was surprised that after 24 years to see a discussion about my nephew, so I shall share the following: Lamont's Last Poem I thank God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes (I who have died am alive again today, and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth day of life and of love and wings; and of thee gay great happening illimitably earth) how should tasting touching hearing seeing breathing any - lifted from the no of all nothing - doubt unimagineable Yon? (now the ears of the ears awake and now the eyes of my eyes are opened) Extract from the Service of Celebration for the Life of E. LAMONT JOHNSON held at St Luke's Church - 3 March 1984 in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is gone, but not forgotten.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Wow, that's cool to hear from someone who knew him personally at one point in time. Was the Martha Washington school in Philadelphia? His IMDb bio says that he was born in Philadelphia. Are you a male or female? As little kids, did you tell or show "Eugene" that you liked/loved him or was it a secret crush that you had on him at the time? Did you go to the same junior high or high school or did you go to different ones? Respond whenever you have some free time. Thanks for your information.
Comment
  1. Guest
  2. 1 year ago
Exactly...
  1. Guest
  2. 1 year ago
Some one please tell me I'm confused how did this man die in 1984 but was in waiting to exhale in 1995
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Wow! I feel like I've gone thru a time warp...I actually went to kindergarden with "Eugene" as I lovingly called my childhood love! I was saddened to read that he died of course, I did not keep up with his 'hollywood life' but sure would like to see some of his films. Eugene and i attended Martha Wasington Elementary in the 60's he was my first love!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I think it might have been a different, older actor named Lamont Johnson who was in, "One On One" and provided a voice for, "Shogun Assassin". E. Lamont Johnson was definitely the one who played Rage in Sunnyside. Irregardless, thanks for improving his page on EI DVD, wearysloth. I appreciate it.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 5
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Yeah, I will provide a picture of him in a scene from Death Wish 2 (him as the character Punkcut). The movie was released (not a widely distributed release, from what I have read) in theaters in the US, debuting on February 20, 1982. However, the entire movie was filmed in 1981 (as one might expect) and there are dates mentioned in the story and a calendar that is visible in one scene, that leads me to believe that a large portion of the movie was filmed in May 1981, to give you an approximate time of when this picture of him is from: http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorsJ/P00008847.HTML PS: There are many listing errors on the page for this link. The date listed below the top picture is that of ANOTHER much older actor named Lamont Johnson. Some of the film credits, specifically the ones after 1982, are of another younger actor named Lamont Johnson, because Death Wish 2 (unfortunately, it was foreshadowing for his life because of the film title) was his FINAL film role. You can see why he had the "E" included in the name E. Lamont Johnson. Any information about this topic is appreciated. Have a nice day.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
E. Lamont Johnson Born: February 1, 1955 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Died: February 14, 1984 Los Angeles, California (AIDS) E. Lamont Johnson was an actor. He was only in a few TV shows and movies before his time was up. He is probably best known for being one of the gang members (Punkcut: the black guy with the short hair, left earring, choker, and wrist bracelets) in the movie Death Wish 2 (1982; the DVD is available at Circuit City stores, among other places). I also noticed that he had tweezed or shaved eyebrows. I wondered if any older folks on here knew him or knew of him. My question is do you know if he was gay? I'm just curious. No one seems to know. In this Death Wish film series, every movie (there were five movies made) has a gang that rapes a wife, girlfriend, daughter, or some kind of loved one of the main character, played by Charles Bronson. In Death Wish 2, these such things happen (not a recommended movie for the young and easily affected). You wouldn't think a man that happened to be gay would play such a role, but as many of you probably know it is a good way to mislead viewers' impression of him, via his character in the film. Also, it's unfortunate to say, but there were not many people dying of AIDS that early on (1984) who were not gay and who did not contract HIV through unsafe sex or drug use. So if anyone can answer this question I would appreciate it. E. Lamont seemed like he had a lot of potential to move on to more substantial TV or film roles, much like one of his co-stars and fellow gang menbers in Death Wish 2 (Laurence Fishburne) ended up doing (Boyz N The Hood, The Matrix trilogy, What's Love Got To Do With It, etc.) Have a nice day.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Entertainment
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!