1. WestHollywood.com
  2. Politics
  3. November 24, 2008
  4.  Subscribe via email
Please List Times/Dates/Locations for Post Prop 8 Rallies, SHOW UP!!!!
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Everyone's opinion matters. Sir, you matter and I matter. I would never vote to step on someone's rights no matter how mad at the world I may be. The bottom line is self respect. The more you have the more you don't have to worry about what other's think of you. There is more good out there than you may think.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Well Discrimination is alive and well i am black. It is not so much about rejection but it is about being marginlaized and fetishd which we are, and I frankly do not like it one bit. that is why i say the fight for prop 8 is not our fight. it is predominately a gay white man's struggle. if you prevail, then, i guess you can marry, but if not, it will not effect us really. And no I do not think that all white men are racist. I went to an ivy league school which was predominately white, and there I made some of my dearest friends. But they were not gay, racism in the gay community is very acute, and I think if you deny it, then, you just are not dealing with reality.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Discrimination is alive and well! One just signs 'black man'. He identifies he is 'black' but not 'gay'. "Ricco" is typically a latin name, and does not have the hutzpah to say what he is, brown or black or even he is gay. "WE" are our own worse enemies! Discrimination is deep seeded in our personal family history. We say we are 'liberal' but to what point? Skin colour? Ethnicity? Size? Age? Fact of the matter is, the most liberal among us is indeed discriminating against something. Obama is against gay marriage, therefore is he liberal enough for YOU? What will his position be when his daughter announces in a few years she is a lesbian? Will it be the first White House lesbian wedding? Since Mary Cheney missed that opportunity. Remember: "Oh, man, is this gonna be fun. Just watching the religious right try to bite their tongues and not slam the vice president's family. I'm very happy for Mary and Heather, and in their own way they're breaking new ground and making a difference for gay people in this country, finally. But still, this is gonna be priceless just to watch the collective heads of the religious right explode. Mary Cheney, the vice president's openly gay daughter, is pregnant. She and her partner of 15 years, Heather Poe, are "ecstatic" about the baby, due in late spring, said a source close to the couple. It's a baby boom for grandparents Dick and Lynne Cheney: Their older daughter, Elizabeth, went on leave as deputy assistant secretary of state before having her fifth child in July. "The vice president and Mrs. Cheney are looking forward with eager anticipation to the arrival of their sixth grandchild," spokesman Lea Anne McBride said last night." OK so a lesbian had the opportunity to have a White House wedding, but since her Republican father does not like homosexuals, or gay marriage, she had a child out of wedlock. ALL makes sense to me! NOT! Do we indeed have the right to discriminate? Each one of us has to answer that question ourselves? Outwardly we say 'no discrimination', but deep in our heart of hearts we know we all discriminate against one another every day of our lives. "Le cage aux folles" means 'birds of a father flock together'. We gravitate toward 'like' persons. It is human nature. That is why West Hollywood exist as a "gay mecca". That is why East L.A. is a latin mecca, that is why Compton/South Central is a black mecca. Because people tend to be more comfortable around other people of the same ilk. When we go outside of that 'comfort zone' is when our 'liberalism' is tested! You do not see a lot of white folks rushing to Compton/South Central to go shopping in their fine shops. But you do see the residents of those ethnic areas come to West Hollywood to party. My only request is, be a lady or a gentleman, all of us, all of the time. Treat one another with dignity. If you pursue someone and are rejected, leave it alone, move along to the next person. Don't scream racist! As someone said previously, play nice. Become part of the solution and not continually part of the problem.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
we all know that black man. that is why you should not be supporting it.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
So being a black GAY man,if I show up am I going to be called the "N" word? Will I be told to "stay out west hollywood?" Seems the people at this rally like doing that.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
And the Purpose of the demonstrations is??????? Demonstrating AFTER the Prop failed is a little late. The time for activism was BEFORE the election. I'm wondering of the thousands upon thousands of demonstrators how many are registered voters? AND how many of them voted? I know many gay people who did not vote one way or the other on Prop 8, "Because it does not affect them!" I know many gay people who voted YES in error because they did not "understand" the Prop.! REALLY I do! Is that amazing! They did not even take time to READ the gay media, [which sorely dropped the ball on this one!], nor did the voter READ the Prop. NOW, instead of marching in the streets and drawing negative publicity to our community, we need to be "organizing" quitely behind the scenes to get this Prop thrown out! Letter writing campaigns to your State representatives will do a lot more good than marching in the streets. Settle the issue in court or at the election box! Tell your representatives in Sacramento your position and you will be watching their vote! And if their vote does not reflect the will of the people, then vote them out of office. The Mormon Church cannot VOTE in California, as they spent thousands upon thousands to defeat the Prop. Only the voters of California can write to Sacramento lawmakers voicing our concerns. P.S. Do some research! ANY business that is owned / operated by Mormon families should be boycotted!!!!! Hit the Mormon Church in the money bags! Hit their members in the money bags! When a Mormon runs for public office, make 1000% sure they are not elected. i.e. Romney! Religion should not enter politics, but they have brought it into the political arena, so make sure no Mormons are elected to public office in California. Do not patronize any Mormon owned businesses. Write to your legislators to get their tax exempt status revoked. Religious organizations should not be allowed to financially back political initiatives, one way or the other. The tens of thousands of demonstrators should all be registered voters!!!! THAT is how we win! BUT if you insist on demonstrating, then do so peacefully. No point in anyone going to jail!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
"Join the Impact ~ Protest Prop 8 11/15 10:30am (Los Angeles) City Hall" sent you a message on Faceb... InboxX Reply to all Forward Reply by chat Filter messages like this Print Add to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Report not phishing Show original Show in fixed width font Show in variable width font Message text garbled? Why is this spam/nonspam? Facebook to me show details 8:44 PM (21 minutes ago) Reply Cheryl Hussein Jones sent a message to the members of Join the Impact ~ Protest Prop 8 11/15 10:30am (Los Angeles) City Hall. -------------------- Subject: Please RSVP, invite others, and Spread the word Hey Freedom Fighters, Here are simple and effective ways to help get the word out. ~I want to ask everyone to RSVP. So far we have 167 confirmations. And over 1,000 invitee who haven't RSVPed. We need at least 10,000 to beat the Silver Lake protest count. ~If you will NOT be in LA on Saturday 11/15, please check the main website (and other facebook events) for protests near you. THIS IS A NATIONWIDE PROTEST. There will be protests in all major cities. I've added a list of other facebook protests to the events page. ~Invite all your facebook friends. It's quick and easy. Just go to the event page click "invite others to come" (isn't that such a wonderful invitation...imagine if the whole would came at once). ~Text your friends and family telling them to check out this site, tell them to mobilize on November 15th and ask them to forward that text message to 10 friends each. ~ Email everyone you know - email your friends, email your enemies, email your allies, tell them to Join The Impact, tell them where their protest location is, and ask them to forward that email to 10 friends at minimum. ~ Comment - Comment on this blog and tell people where you are protesting. Give contact information if you want to lead the protest. ~ Flyer the City - We are in the process of making flyers for this event. Print them out and put them all over your city. ~ Contact your local Gay & Lesbian organizations - Keep the organizations that help us out daily in the loop. Let them know about this, encourage them to join, and encourage them to bring donation boxes so that they can keep earning the money necessary to speak out for us! ~ Contact the media - Let?s get this all over your local paper. Let?s get your news channels involved and get our faces in the public eye! ~ Contact your allied politicians - Thanks to the hard work of generations before us, we are lucky enough to have politicians that are open allies and even out of the closet. Contact them and ask for their help. We can make a difference, together. Thank you. Hugs, Cheryl
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
This saturday the 8th, there will be a protest in the street at Sunset Junction in Silverlake at 6 P.M. Please show up, put this ahead of going out to dinner and going to bars. Bring friends and make this your party.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
I heard that tonights is in Long Beach.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Politics
  3. # 9
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!