1. WestHollywood.com
  2. West Hollywood
  3. May 20, 2009
  4.  Subscribe via email
2 Killed in West Hollywood: CA Vehicle Code Sect 21950 states driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk/unmarked crosswalk at an intersection.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
dilema.... I have known a gay man who is positive for almost 20 years. not close but friendly. We no longer speak. I have had knowledge that this individual has sex with many partners with out advising them that he is positive and has done so for many years. previously I am guilty of not doing anything about it. Now that we do not speak I have analized my thoughts and realized I am being vindictive if I say something now, questioning am I motivated by my dislike for this person or to actually protect those that he does not tell, so I accept responsibility for not saying anything for so many years and I have done nothing due to my believing that my motives now are just to do him harm. meanwhile he is still out there having muliple partners and not advising them that he is positive. suggestions?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. West Hollywood
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
One way to curtail these ding-bat tweaker drivers is to call the police department and give them the street names,date and times to which you see the multiple infraction moron drivers and suggest to the police do more traffic monitoring in that area. I did about Cynthia St. Just think the city will make more money from these idiots. Get them in the wallet! Driving is a privilege not a right.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. West Hollywood
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Either drive, or talk on the phone, but not both at one time. When YOU run over someone and kill them and spend the rest of your life in prison for vehicular manslaughter you will wish you would have taken the time to stop, talk on the phone or text, or walk and email or text, BUT not all at the same time. Time will mean something to you when you are serving "time" in prison! Be a responsible citizen. Is that too much to ask?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. West Hollywood
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
How would you feel if YOU ended up paralyzed the rest of your life, or killed someone because you or another driver caused an accident? Is that telephone call worth that? Pedestrians have the right of way on streets in California. Drive with courtesy. Assume the other person is the most important person in your life. Accidents cost lots of money, and loss of lives. Maybe YOURS! If you must do drugs, drink, etc. take a taxi or walk. If you kill someone that will haunt you your entire life. Imagine yourself in a wheelchair the rest of your life. Practice common courtesy.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. West Hollywood
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I too have seen accidents in WeHo due to trying to beat traffic lights as well as get past pedestrians who HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY. People at the crosswalks with no signals need to be sure cars are going to stop and not assert themselves, because the body won't stop a car. They also need to be more aware that sometimes the sun is blasting into drivers' eyes making it even more difficult to spot those entering crosswalks around traffic. I have also seen intolerant people go down the wrong way on Fountain to get into a turn lane--crazy! I'm amazed more fatalities don't happen on Fountain because there is no barrier between the oncoming traffic in both directions and people often drive so crazy. Just a couple of feet out of the lane and you are in a head on collision.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. West Hollywood
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
People slow down! Stop at stop signs. Think. Don't tweak, drink and drive. Be considerate. I've seen people driving on the wrong side of the road just to get ahead of the rest on Fountain. Idiots fly down my street at approx 50 mph. People are pulling out of driveways that have blind spots. I've seen people die in WEHO due to inconsiderate morons who ran them over in crosswalks and trying to get into their cars.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. West Hollywood
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!