1. WestHollywood.com
  2. Gay Nightlife
  3. May 25, 2009
  4.  Subscribe via email
I believe the scandal promoter should stick to what the ad said regarding the party schedul.we feel we got cheated at the LB pride closing party. It clearly said from 8pm to 4am, and music was stopped at 2am!!! what the hell! what do you guys think?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Whoever posted this question must be new to clubland. You basically take your chances with dance promotions and your only recourse usually if a promotion doesn't give what it promises is to not go to that promotion again. I know it sucks but it's the promoter's choice. If it were up to me, even if there are only two people in a club at 2 am and it's advertised to go until 4, it would go until 4. I prefer to go to clubs late (by L.A. standards) and in the past I bought advance tickets for events that promise say 7 am closing times. And I've gotten there at 4:30 to find the place either closing or already closed. Nothing you can do, except try to pay attention to who is promoting.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Nightlife
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
This press release has been sent out. Somethings are just out of people's control. I saw the promoter seeking answers and trying to find a resolution. SCANDAL Press Release: Mike Nava & David would like to first thank everyone that supported SCANDAL LBC Closing Party @ Sevilla yesterday, May 17th w/ Alexander & Isaac Escalante. What a great crowd and awesome NRG! Secondly, we'd like to say kudos to Alex & Isaac for their amazing set from beginning to end. WOW! To be able to switch every song and maintain the energy in the room...simply AMAZING! Not many djs can do that and actually have it work, but last night it was ON...Thanks guys! Third and most importantly, we would like to apologize for ending before the advertised time. Due to complaints from sources to the city, we were shut down without much notice. Those of you who know us saw that we did everything in our power to keep it going or find a resolution. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful last night. :( Fourthly, we hope that this will help clarify some of negative feelings that anyone may have about the night. We try our hardest to produce the best parties possible and unfortunately there are circumstances that take place that are beyond our control. We produce events for the love of the party (as those of you who know us well can attest), we do not deceive people, and will always be professional about any and all that we involve ourselves with. Lastly, we would like to not only apologize but also try to make it up to everyone by offering a free upcoming ALEXANDER CD Download + offer OPEN BAR THIS SATURDAY @ FONDA from 9-10pm. We hope that you will take advantage of this and look forward to seeing you there. Again, we are so happy to hear that everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves minus the early ending. Best, Mike & David + SCANDAL Team
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Nightlife
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Oh please! 4am! I wish I had your energy. LB pride was nice and open. Hamburger Mary's was fun with all the drag queens with humor and 3$ beers. Look forward to the WEHO pride on June 12-13-14. Dance away!!!!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gay Nightlife
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!